Welcome to PEAK!
PEAK Health and Fitness is a clinic of the College of Health at the University of Utah. Toggle through the tabs above to find out more about our workshops and seminars, health assessment and fitness testing, nutrition services, continuing education opportunities, and our popular employee fitness classes!
PEAK University Employee Fitness Classes
PEAK Health and Fitness offers a variety of on campus classes just for University Employees and members of the University of Utah Alumni Association. We offer a wide variety of classes including bootcamp, circuit training, indoor cycling, Pilates, stretch and strengthen, total body fitness, walking for fitness, weight training and yoga. These classes are inexpensive, fun, and open to participants of all experience and fitness levels. Check out the schedule and register today!
Participate in your University Employee Wellness Program WellU and WellnessNOW are the two wellness programs on campus for University employees. WellnessNOW is offered to University Hospitals and Clinics employees. WellU is offered to benefit eligible University employees. Whichever program you participate in, PEAK services are available to you through your University employee wellness program. Set your appointment today and start making steps toward better health and fitness!
PEAK Nutrition Workshops
Nutrition workshops are on Thursday nights 5:30-6:15PM in HPR N 227. Each workshop will include delicious snacks. Both WellU and WellnessNOW recognize PEAK nutrition workshops as eligible options for their wellness requirements. Upcoming workshops include:
- Protein: The Truth Behind the Craze: November 12 & 19
- Health-'Full' Holidays: Merry and Mindful Tools: December 1
PEAK Wellness Workshops
Wellness workshops are a lot like our popular nutrition workshops, but focus on the bigger picture. Three workshops will be offered in the month of December and will cover a wide range of wellness topics. Upcoming clinics cost $25 each, or the entire Health-'full' Holidays series for $50. Workshops topics include:
- Nutrition: Merry and Mindful Tools: December 1
- Movement: Effective, Efficient, and Easy: December 8
- Create Memories, Not Stress: Simple Meditation & Mindfulness for Everyone: December 15
PEAK's core responsibility is to provide practical training and education for undergraduate and graduate students within the College of Health. These types of opportunities foster the development of learned knowledge for the students and provide professional level health, fitness and wellness services to university and community members.
- Enhance athletic performance at the University of Utah and within the community
- Enable University of Utah employees to make progress toward better health and fitness
- Develop and prepare future health and exercise leaders
- Implement services that enhance the general health and fitness of the community