Adventure and Outdoor Programs Degree Plan
About Adventure and Outdoor Programs
Prepare to facilitate hands on learning activities in variety of adventure and outdoor settings. Develop skills in group dynamics and leadership, business administration, educational philosophy, and teaching and communication.
Learn to engage in outdoor recreation activities, manage risk, and effectively teach skills in outdoor and experiential settings.
Potential employers of students completing degrees with this emphasis include:
- The National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS)
- Outward Bound or other expedition programs
- Guide services
- Residential and/or expedition-based therapeutic wilderness programs or camps
- Day, residential, or environmental camps for "traditional" or special populations
- Community recreation centers and programs (such as Boys and Girls Clubs, YMCA, S'PLORE, etc)
- Ropes courses and other challenge and adventure facilities
- Employment with school districts
- and more