Eldon Wayne Askew, Ph.D.
- Campus Office Address: HPER N, Room #224-B
- Mailing Address: 250 South 1850 East #214, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Telephone: (801) 581-8240
- Facsimile: (801) 585-3874
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Current CV
- Ph.D. Michigan State University
- M.S. University of Illinois
- B.S. University of Illinois
- American Society for Nutrition Sciences
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Wilderness Medical Society
- American Society for Nutrition
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Utah Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- International Society for Mountain Medicine
- Aplha Zeta, Gamma Sigma Delta, Sigma Xi
Pasiakos, Stefan M., Krista G. Austin, Harris R. Lieberman,and E. Wayne Askew. Efficacy and Safety of Protein Supplements for U.S. Armed Forces Personnel: Consensus Statement. J. Nutr. 143: 1811S–1814S, 2013. Published, 12/2013.
Wing-Gaia,Stacie L., Dana C. Gershenoff, Micah J. Drummond, E. Wayne Askew Effect of leucine supplementation on fat free mass with prolonged hypoxic exposure during a 13-day trek to Everest Base Camp: A double-blind randomized study. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, Published on the web 25 September 2013, 10.1139/apnm-2013-0319. Published, 09/2013.
Rodway, G.W., S.E. McIntosh, E.W. Askew. Bradford Washburn’s 1962 NEJM Article “Frostbite”: What it is - How to prevent it - Emergency treatment” - Historical Background and Commentary. Wilderness and Environ Med 22: 177-171 2011.
Bistrian, B.R., W. Askew J.W. Erdman, M. P. Oria. Nutrition and Traumatic Brain Injury:A Perspective From the Institute of Medicine Report. J Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition 35(5): 556-559 2011
Skatrud-Mickelson, M. , J.Benson, J. Hannon, E.W. Askew. A Comparison of Subjective and Objective Measures of Physical Exertion J Sports Sci 29(15):1635-1644, 2011
Askew, E.W. Nutrition, Malnutrition and Starvation. In: Auerbach, P.S. Ed, Wilderness Medicine 6th ed Elsevier/Mosby , Philadelphia, PA pp 1374-1393, 2012
Day, D., A. Young and Eldon W. Askew. Nutrition and Military Performance. In: Textbook of Military Medicine: Medical Aspects of Deploying to Harsh Environments, Borden Institute, Vol II Chapter 6 In Press, 2012
McDaniel. John, Wayne Askew, Danielle Bennett, Jason Mihalopoulos, Sujata Anantharaman, Anette S. Fjeldstad, Dan C. Rule, Nazeem M. Nanjee, Ryan A. Harris and Russell S. Richardson. Bison Meat has a Lower Atherogenic Risk Than Beef in Healthy Men Nutrition Research. Nutrition Research (In Press 2013)